What you can expect in a Senior Software Engineer role at Black Line IT:
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will:
- Advocate for improvements to product quality, security, and performance that have impact across the team.
- See the “big picture” and help to create architectural approaches for software design and implementation, as well as participate with development to deliver software solutions for our customers.
- Solve technical problems of high scope and complexity.
- Exert influence on the overall objectives and long-range goals of the team.
- Gain experience with performance and optimization problems, particularly at large scale, and a demonstrated ability to both diagnose and prevent these problems.
- Provide mentorship for Junior and Lead Engineers on the team to help them grow in their technical responsibilities and remove blockers to their autonomy.
- Confidently ship moderately sized features and improvements with minimal guidance and support from other team members. Collaborate with the team on larger projects.
- Provide software system design, creation and support for Clients and aiding other Black Line Engineers in solving software related requests.
- Provide oversight of assigned Clients including support and development of their systems.
- Craft code that meets our internal standards for style, maintainability, and best practices for a scalable web environment. Maintain and advocate for these standards through code reviews.
- Recognize impediments to our efficiency as a team (“technical debt”), propose and implement solutions.
Projects you will work on:
You will be working directly with Black Line’s Client’s systems to develop and support their software initiatives.
The types of projects that we thrive in include:
- Web-based projects
- Line of Business applications
- Legacy system upgrades
- System integrations
A day in the life here will look like:
- Providing day-to-day system support and troubleshooting
- Collaborating with Project Manager and other stakeholders within the Software Engineering team to maintain a high bar for quality in a fast-paced, iterative environment.
- Solving technical problems of moderate scope and complexity.
- Assisting with project scoping, providing estimates, and abiding by the established scope/estimated time upon execution.
- Servicing customers at a consultative-level and being responsible for consistent communication with them (both written and verbal).
- Daily upkeep of BL’s operational toolsets and systems to properly manage and track your time
You should apply if:
- You are a critical thinker and able to deliberate the merits of technology approaches and application designs.
- You have experience analyzing code for weaknesses and errors and overseeing plans to improve them.
- You have experience designing secure software systems based upon industry-specific specifications.
- You can independently evaluate and recommend appropriate technical solutions to our Clients.
- You have advanced troubleshooting capabilities and can independently, or through appropriate collaboration, address technical issues.
- You have proficiency in the English language, both written and verbal, sufficient for success in a remote and asynchronous work environment.
You are a development professional:
- You are comfortable using ticketing/support platforms such as AutoTask.
- Demonstrated ability to onboard and integrate with an organization long-term.
- Effective communication skills: Regularly achieve consensus with peers, and clear status updates.
- Experience owning a project from concept to production, including proposal, discussion, and execution.
You have the technical acumen:
- Significant professional experience with the following skills:
- .NET web software stack (C#, ASP.NET MVC Framework/Core, Entity Framework, SQL Server)
- Visual Studio or VS Code
- Database schema design
- Writing and optimizing SQL queries
- Database administration
- Microsoft Azure cloud and services related to web, data, and automation.
- Git source control
- BI or data visualization tools (Power BI, Tableau)
- You are experienced in building API’s and have a demonstrated understanding of common API architecture practices.
Some “nice-to-haves” include having experience with:
- Xamarin and/or Mobile development (iOS and Android)
- Java Spring
- Legacy systems
You will be able to thrive at Black Line IT if:
- You can balance working in a self-sufficient/autonomous manner along with teamwork and collaboration.
- You can effectively use Black Line’s applications.
- Our mission and values resonate with you.