About the position:
As a Black Line Software Engineer, you will be designing, developing, and supporting software systems for our Clients and collaborating with the team of Black Line Engineers in building business solutions.
- Not only will you be transforming our client’s businesses, but you be building software across the full stack with cutting edge tools at your disposal.
- You will collaborate with your fellow team of developers to analyze the needs and the environment of each customer to make sure the solution you’re developing considers the current architecture and operating environment, as well as identifying future functionality and enhancements.
- Making progress on projects.
- Gather and document requirements.
- Manage and maintain production client systems.
- Perform preventative maintenance and upgrades on various BL and client systems.
- Analyze and fix/prevent application defects.
- Provision, manage, and optimize application cloud infrastructure.
- Participate and contribute to internal projects and systems of BL.
- One (1) or more years of application development experience
- Experience with the .NET web software stack (C#, ASP.NET MVC Framework + Core, Entity Framework, SQL Server)
- Experience with Visual Studio or VS Code
- Experience writing and optimizing SQL queries
- Experience with mobile development and/or Xamarin
- Experience with the Microsoft Azure cloud and services related to web, data, and automation
- Experience with Git source control
- Experience with BI or data visualization tools (Power BI, Tableau)
How is Black Line different?
Being a Software Engineer at Black Line is different than your “typical” developer role where you are working solely on one product, a single project, or an internal company system. This is a consultative role which requires engineers who can balance a diverse workload and who have a genuine interest in providing technical business solutions to our broad customer base.
There is a certain level of professional communication and customer involvement that comes with this job; these expectations include:
- Creating and maintaining positive customer relationships through verbal and written communication and consistently executing projects at high service levels
- Preparing customer recommendations and providing Clients with written documentation
Black Line’s Culture
- Black Line fosters a learning-environment; we are looking for engineers who are intellectually curious, have a growth-mindset, and take initiative with their professional development
- There is a balance of teamwork and autonomous execution that is expected here; we are a team-oriented environment, but we also expect each developer to have a sense of self-management and perform at a demonstratable level of independence that is reflective of his/her skill-level
- Also, we like to have fun and play around with new tech. We love it when our team members bring new, innovative ideas to the table and help identify ways to push our team to becoming the Gold Standard with our customers in the small and midsize market
Please fill out form below and attach resume.