Inaccurate data entry, unorganized files, complicated software to navigate, and spreadsheets everywhere, that should be updated regularly, but you know they probably aren’t. If that sounds like your company, then please keep reading, a custom software solution might be perfect for you.
Now we know that just because a company is due for a software upgrade that it doesn’t automatically mean that they need a custom solution, so we’ve put together some questions to ask before you make a decision.
These next few questions are based on the assumption your company has an off-the-shelf solution in mind. If you don’t already, come back to these after you have a few of them in mind.
If you were to implement the off-the-shelf solution:
- Will your company’s processes need to change with its incorporation?
- Are there going to be additional steps to get around unnecessary features or lack of features?
- If you need to incorporate more than one off-the-shelf solution: How will they incorporate each other?
- Will there need to be additional upgrades added to make it work?
- Do you see your company outgrowing this software’s capabilities in the future?
If you answered no to all of those questions, then the off-the-shelf product may be a good option for your company. If you answered yes to most of them, then a custom software solution may be the better choice because with custom software:
- Custom software is built around your business processes.
- It will have all of the features you need and no features you don’t, increasing efficiency.
- A custom software solution can centralize all of your processes. This includes taking existing software and making it work for your company. (Ex: Taking an existing accounting software and incorporating it into a custom solution that also has sales and customer service)
- There are no “upgrades” needed to begin with because it is tailored to your business.
- Custom software can be created with the intention that your company will grow, and you can always add on or increase capabilities at a later date.
If a custom software solution sounds like something your company could benefit from, our seasoned engineers here at Black|Line Consulting can help you decide what would be best for you. Contact us today and you’ll be on your way to a frustration free software solution.